“Personal Information” refers to given and family name, passport number, telephone number, email, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date).
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting personally identifiable information you may provide us through the Website. Because we gather important information from our users, visitors and customers (collectively "Users" or "you" or "your"),
1. What we collect
In General, we receive, use, disclose, transfer and store any information you enter on our Website or provide though different mediums such as telephone calls, emails, and any other platforms including, but not limited to, digital platforms such as e-forms and platforms as employed by Us.
This includes information that can identify you ("Personal Information"), such as, your given and family name, passport number, telephone number, email, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your travel preferences such as hotel room and meal preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general, some information about you is required in order for you book travel, ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our Website. By choosing not to provide information, we may be prevented from providing certain products or services to you.
2. Collection of third-party information
When you make a reservation for someone else through us, we will request personal details and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal details and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
3. How we use information about you
This Website either currently uses or may in the future use your information for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you tailored travel experience. This includes the following purposes:
Provision of requested product and services by You
Provision of travel confirmation, updates and news through but not limited to Emails/SMS/Calls
To process purchase or credit transactions
To process and respond to inquiries
To inform you about special offers, promotion and travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you (Direct Marketing)
To administer our website and business for our internal record keeping
To verify your identity
To resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
To enforce our Terms and Conditions when you make a travel booking with us;
3b. Credit Card Information
We use sensitive billing information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the travel bookings you conduct on our Website. We will not use your credit card information for any payment, pre-authorised transaction, and will not store this information in any form.
You may opt to receive an email newsletter or other correspondence by providing an email address. Aside Your email address and any Personal Information will not be distributed or shared with third parties, unless it is to comply with any legal processes and/or law enforcement requests, or in order to conduct any business as we, in our sole subjective discretion, deem reasonable which includes, but is not limited to offers of products or services that we believe may be of interest to you based on your apparent travel-related interests or our travel promotions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages by referring to the Opt-in and Opt-out Policy section of this Data Protection Policy which sets out how you may set your preferences in relation to such marketing messages.
4. How information about you is shared
The Website may share your personal information with the following entities:
Suppliers, such as hotel, overseas tour agencies/operators who fulfil your travel obligations. We do not share your email address with our suppliers unless they need it to fulfil the travel reservation you have made on our Website, and we restrict their use of your email address to this purpose.
Third Party Vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or contest programmes and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third party vendors to collect Personal Information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Platforms, or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the Personal Information for any other purpose.
Your personal information will be disclosed in the following circumstances:
Where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, governmental or other regulation or the requirements, orders, directions, instructions or notices of any regulatory authority or legal processes.
When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights and property of Foray Travels Pte Ltd.
Where disclosure is needed for any emergency purpose whether locally or aboard.
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until the expiry date set, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end each user session, when the web browser is closed.
5a. Third Party Cookies
We use third party web analytics to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. We can see what content is popular on our website, and that allows us to be able to generate content you enjoy reading or watching.
We also use the Google AdWords code which enables us to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget to reach more of you who may like our content and/or products.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
6. How we protect your information
We implement appropriate reasonable technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your Personal Data within our control or possession against loss and any unauthorised misuse, access, disclosure, alteration and other similar risk. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Foray Travels Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, use and disclosure of personal data
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
(g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Withdrawing your consent
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access to and correction of personal data
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of personal data
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying,
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy of personal data
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention of personal data
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of personal data outside Singapore
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
Data Protection Officer
21. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
[Data Protection Officer, Jinn Lau: jinn(at)foraytravels.com.sg ].
Effect of notice and changes to notice
22. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 4 February 2020
Last updated: 18 October 2021